9.30am - 12.00pm NEW Contemporary Acrylic Painting with Charles Wilcox
- Suitable for beginners to advanced painters.
This exciting new class will combine fundamental design principles with contemporary art techniques so that students can produce a diverse range of work from:
- Still life - painting natural and found objects of the Beaumaris foreshore such as sea life, flotsam, jetsam, flora and fauna.
- Surrealism - painting creatures created from everyday man made objects and developing painting techniques that allow expression of the unconscious.
- Abstract - using a visual language of shape, form, colour and line to create an expressive composition.
We will use a range of mediums for each artwork and the following materials will be required:
Acrylic brushes, set of 12 x student gouache paints, good quality acrylic paints including primary colours, coloured pencils, 2 x grey lead pencils and eraser, 1 x ruler, 1 x A3 visual diary. Other papers and canvasses will be advised during first class.
12.45pm - 3.15pm Beginners to Advanced Pottery with Jill Anderson
- Jill has many years of experience teaching ceramics and exhibiting her work. She enjoys sharing her obsession with clay and encourages an experimental and creative approach to making.
- Beginners learn to hand build and/or wheel form basic ceramic forms while more advanced students are assisted in developing their own projects. Decorating, glazing and firing techniques will be covered.
- Underglazes, oxides, glazes and firing are included in the fee. Clay can be purchased from at the Studio. Please bring a note book and an apron/old shirt.
1.00pm - 3.00pm Life Drawing with Marie-Louise Anderson
- An environment is provided where students can discover their own vision, style and skill through practice using a variety of mediums, creative techniques and approaches. In a fertile environment individual styles evolve through looking, imagining and practice.
- Individual critique and group discussion helps to develop confidence and critical observation. During sessions we may discuss the work of other artists and current exhibitions.
4.00pm - 5.30pm Discovering Creative Media (Including Pottery) for CHILDREN with Emilie Wright
- Each week we will use a range of different mediums and techniques including collage, printing, drawing, painting, frottage and textiles.
- The class will be fun and stimulating and will engage children to undertake enjoyable, interesting and unique activities.
- A range of materials is included in the fee to enable students to experience as wide a variety of media as possible.
6.45pm – 8.45pm Painting the Human Form with Marie-Louise Anderson
- This is a fun and experimental class where anything can happen.
- We explore and define the human form (with life model) using acrylics, focusing on line, tone and colour but also experimenting with a variety of techniques and styles.
- Inspiration is found in the work of traditional, contemporary and local artists.
- Enjoy the experience of critique and group discussion.